The Village of Solvay Criminal Investigations Unit is commanded by Lieutenant Rob Cross and is responsible for providing comprehensive investigations of crimes committed against persons and property, and serious or unusual incidents following the initial response and investigation by patrol officers.
Detectives assigned to the unit have completed specialized training and are responsible for:
- Conducting follow-up felony investigations initiated by the Patrol Division.
- Assisting in primary investigations when requested.
- Clearing crimes through arrest and recovery of stolen property, executes search warrants and apprehends fugitives.
- Acting as a liaison with representatives from federal, state and other municipal agencies, and exchanges information concerning known criminals and criminal activity.
- Coordinating information with prosecuting agencies during investigations for upcoming court cases.
The Criminal Investigation’s Unit is a 24-hour per day, 7-day a week operation, making them available to anyone in need of their assistance and expertise.